2021 WINTER UPDATE
With the recent announcement of Governor Cooper’s Executive Order No. 180, masks are required in all indoor locations, on buses, and outdoors whenever 6 feet of social distancing from non-household members cannot be maintained, including on trails. On busier days, be prepared to wear your mask everywhere while in the Park.
Please remember to always follow the NC Dept. of Health & Human Services 3 W’s:
Hand sanitizing dispensers are located on every trail and at every indoor location.
We want to do everything we can to ensure that all our guests have a great experience in the Park, but also keep everyone safe. We sincerely appreciate your understanding and support during these unprecedented times.
If you are planning to visit the Park during the winter season, here is additional information you need to know:
- The Chimney Rock section of the Park will be open daily, weather permitting. The Ticket Plaza’s hours are from 10am – 4:30pm. Guests can stay until 6pm.
- If the top parking lot is full, we will direct guests to park in the Meadows. Shuttle service up to the top parking lot will be available at a limited capacity per trip which may result in longer wait times. Masks are required to ride the shuttle. If you are able to do so, we recommend you hike the Four Seasons trail up the mountain.
- The elevator is open and will take guests up who came together in the same vehicle (limit 8 per trip). Masks are required. To prevent long lines in the Sky Lounge gift shop, the elevator ride down is reserved for guests who are unable to hike back down. Guests should take the scenic Outcroppings trail down to the top parking lot.
- At all outdoor locations and while hiking our trails, guests must wear a mask whenever 6 feet of social distancing from non-household members cannot be maintained.
- The Sky Lounge (near the Chimney) will be open with limited capacity. Snacks and bottled drinks will be available for purchase. Cliff Dwellers will be open on weekends only.
- The Animal Discovery Den will remain closed.
- The Old Rock Café in Chimney Rock Village will be open for take-out orders only. Visit OldRockCafe.com for more information.
- Our associates will be taking appropriate precautions to protect the safety of ourselves and all our guests. See our We Care Commitment. We are prepared and trained to handle any situation during this time.
- Please recreate responsibly during your visit. Stay safe!
This plan is subject to change depending on circumstances. We appreciate your support and understanding during these unprecedented times and look forward to seeing you on the mountain sometime soon.