Park Updates – July 27
To comply with NC Govenor Cooper’s mandates, we are still in Phase 2. We have slowly begun to reopen more and more amenities within the Park, while still emphasizing safe social distancing, handwashing/hand sanitizing, and masks where necessary. Here is what you need to know before visiting:
- The Park is open daily; the Ticket Plaza hours are from 8:30am – 5:30pm. Park closes at 7pm.
- The top parking lot is still closed due to construction, so all guests will be required to park in the Meadows area (just past the Ticket Plaza). Due to safety reasons, guests are not allowed to walk on the Park road. They must drive up the mountain to the Ticket Plaza.
- Since the Park will be operating at a “limited” parking capacity, entrance into the Park will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. If capacity is reached, the Park will close to any further entry until some space has cleared to allow more vehicles to enter.
- Face masks/coverings are required in all buildings including the Old Rock Café in Chimney Rock Village and on all shuttles. Masks will be available for purchase for a minimal cost at the Ticket Plaza and in our gift shops. A lot of our trails can also be very narrow in certain areas and do not always accommodate 6 feet of social distancing. Always wear a mask when a safe social distance cannot be properly maintained. Please recreate responsibly during your visit. Stay safe!
- While we are still encouraging guests to hike into the Park from the Meadows, we are offering a shuttle service up to the top parking lot for those who are unable to hike. Shuttles will only be able to transport a limited number of guests per trip which may result in longer wait times. If you plan to ride the shuttle, please plan your day accordingly.
- All six hiking trails are open, the Great Woodland Adventure trail is open for those looking for an easier, family-friendly hike. The Animal Discovery Den will be closed.
- The elevator is open and will take guests up who came together in the same vehicle (limit 8 per trip). Masks are required. To prevent long lines in the Sky Lounge gift shop, the elevator ride down is reserved for those who need it. Guests who are capable should take the scenic Outcroppings trail down to the top lot.
- Cliff Dwellers gift shop and the Sky Lounge (near the Chimney) will be open with limited capacity. Snacks and bottled drinks will be available at both of these locations.
- The Ticket Plaza will be accessible by drive-thru windows or the lobby will be available for one-person entry at a time.
- The restrooms are open and will be marked with standing areas to provide proper social distancing. Beverage vending machines are also located next to each of these restrooms.
- We love dogs and welcome them here at the Park, but please know that some of our trails are not exactly “dog-friendly.” The Outcroppings access to the Chimney does require that you climb a large number of stairs which can be hard on our furry, four-legged friends. Please plan your visit accordingly and if you do decide to make the ascent with them, be sure to bring lots of water. DO NOT leave them unattended in your vehicle. We want their visit to be just as enjoyable as yours. Thank you.
- The Old Rock Café in Chimney Rock Village is open daily from 11am – 5pm for takeout and limited capacity dining. Please see OldRockCafe.com for more information.
- Our associates will be taking appropriate precautions to protect the safety of ourselves and all of our guests. See our We Care Commitment. We are prepared and trained to handle any situation during this time.
This plan is subject to change depending on circumstances. We appreciate your support and understanding during these unprecedented times and look forward to seeing you on the mountain sometime soon.