Events Search and Views Navigation
Events List Navigation
Thursday, April 1 - Friday, April 30
The dormancy of winter is coming to an end, and life is beginning to return to the forests. Wildflowers blooming and buds on trees are an indication that spring and warmer weather are right around the corner. This is the perfect opportunity to capture some beautiful images of the Park’s spring blooms and enter them into our “Buds & Blooms” Photo Contest. We’ll use the winning entries on our website and Facebook album, and you’ll win some fun prizes. Photos must be taken within the Chimney Rock section of the Park.
GREAT PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED TO 3 WINNING ENTRIES
- There is no fee to enter the contest. All photographs must be taken inside Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park only in areas accessible to guests between April 1, 2021 – April 30, 2021.
The contest is open to amateur and professional photographers.
- Up to three photos per person can be submitted via any of the following ways to be eligible to win:
- Facebook: First, like the Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park page and share our photo contest post on your wall. Then post your photo to our wall with the photographer’s name and a brief caption (25-75 words) through your personal Facebook account. Next, send us a private message including your contact information specified in rule #3.
- Pinterest: First, re-pin our photo contest pin to one of your boards and follow our 2017 The Different Seasons of Chimney Rock Spring Photo Contest Board so we can easily contact you. Then pin your photo with the hashtags #chimneyrock AND #photocontest with your personal account, and include the photographer’s name and a brief caption (25-75 words).
- Twitter: First, follow Chimney Rock Park and retweet our tweet about the photo contest. Then tweet your photo to @ChimneyRockPark with the photographer’s name and the hashtag #photocontest. Next, send us private messages with your brief photo caption.
- E-mail: If you don’t have access to any social media sites listed above, you may email your digital photo with your contact information specified in rule #3 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Snail Mail: Send your print photo with the clearly marked photographer’s name, city & state, a brief typed photo caption and a phone number to: Photo Contest, Chimney Rock Management LLC, PO Box 39, Chimney Rock, NC 28720.
- Every entry should be clearly labeled with the photographer’s name, city & state, a brief photo caption your photo of the Seasons of Chimney Rock, an email address and the best phone number to reach you.
- Photos should be available at a minimum resolution of 1200 x 1600 pixels (1 MB minimum) to be eligible to win. Photos taken via smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices are welcome if they meet minimum requirements.
- For entries showing human faces, you must list their name(s) and have written permission from any photographed person(s) to use their image.
- Entries should reflect the photographer’s interpretation of love at Chimney Rock. Emphasis will be placed on quality, composition and creativity. All entries may be used in promotions of Chimney Rock and park-related activities.
- Digital images can be optimized but not dramatically altered with photo editing software. Black and white photographs are welcome.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
Winners will be notified and announced on Chimney Rock’s social media channels. For more information, call 1-828-625-9611 or email us at email@example.com.
Saturday, April 17
Elevate your mind and body during this early morning yoga session with Namaste in Nature. The picturesque backdrop of a sunrise from the Chimney makes for an ideal setting while connecting your spirit with nature. Lightweight yoga mats will be provided by your certified yoga teacher. This class is open to all levels of expertise. Advance registration is required. Book your spot below.
Saturday, April 17
What’s better than wildflowers to mark the beginning of spring? Hickory Nut Gorge comes alive as wildflowers emerge. Grab your camera and join a Park naturalist on this moderate hike. The journey will take you along the Hickory Nut Falls Trail and down the Four Seasons Trail, but you won’t have to hike back to the top lot. Transportation will be provided.
Wednesday, April 21
Chimney Rock’s Spring Homeschool Day is the perfect time to explore the Park and get to know other homeschool families. The morning engages students through hands-on programs designed to help foster their appreciation of the natural world around us. Stay for a fun-filled afternoon with your choice of options. Morning Programs are from 9:30am – 12:30pm; some afternoon times will also be available and may vary based on demand. Program details can be found online. Advance registration required, reserve your spot below. Registration closes April 13.
Saturday, April 24
Join professional photographer Buddy Morrison for an interactive session on learning advanced settings and strategies for smartphone photography. Whether you’re an Android or iPhone user, you’re sure to take away some great skills from this three-hour class. This photographic odyssey will take you to various spots in the Park, so be prepared to do some moderate hiking.
This class does require advance registration as space is limited. Reserve your spot below.
Saturday, April 24
Come observe the Park under a shadow of darkness and watch as it comes alive. Join a Park naturalist as you hike along the Hickory Nut Falls trail, a moderate hike. You never know what nocturnal animals you may hear or see. You will want to bring a headlamp or flashlight, dress appropriately for the weather, wear comfortable hiking shoes and bring water. Space is limited to 15, and advance registration is required. Reserve your spot below.
Monday, April 26
Bask in lunar energy during this full moon yoga session with Namaste in Nature. The mountains are said to be a natural vortex of spiritual energy, which makes Chimney Rock an ideal setting for connecting your spirit with nature. Lightweight yoga mats will be provided by your certified yoga teacher. This class is open to all levels of expertise. Advance registration is required. Book your spot below.