Thinking about visiting the Park?
Here is what you need to know:
- The Chimney Rock section of the Park is now open Fridays – Tuesdays; the Ticket Plaza hours are from 8:30am – 4:30pm. Park closes at 7pm. The Park will be closed on Wednesdays & Thursdays for construction on the top parking lot.
- Since the Park will be operating at a “limited” capacity to allow for safe & maintainable social distancing, entrance into the Park will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once that capacity is reached, the Park will close to any further entry until some space has cleared to allow more vehicles to enter.
- The top parking lot is still closed due to construction, so all guests will be required to park in the Meadows area (just past the Ticket Plaza).
- No shuttle service will be provided during this time. Guests will need to hike up the mountain from the Meadows via the Four Seasons trail (0.7 miles and 400-foot increase in elevation) in order to access the Hickory Nut Falls trail and/or continue climbing the Outcroppings trail up to the Chimney, the Exclamation Point trail and the Skyline trail.
- All annual passes purchased between March 2019 and March 2020 will receive an additional two months to their expiration date to make up for the period in which the Park was recently closed.
- The Great Woodland Adventure trail will be open for those looking for an easier, family-friendly hike. The Animal Discovery Den will be closed.
- The elevator will be closed.
- Cliff Dwellers gift shop will be open with limited capacity, and so will the Sky Lounge near the Chimney with snacks and drinks available.
- The Ticket Plaza will be accessible by drive-thru windows or the lobby will be available for one person at a time.
- The restrooms are open and will be marked with standing areas to provide proper social distancing. Beverage vending machines are also located next to each of these restrooms.
- The Old Rock Café (in Chimney Rock Village) is open the same days as the Park for call ahead, take-out service only from 11am – 5pm.
- Our associates will be taking appropriate precautions to protect the safety of ourselves and all of our guests. We are prepared and trained to handle any situation during this time.
- Please recreate responsibly and continue to maintain proper social distancing, handwashing, and hygiene during your visit. Stay safe!
This plan is subject to change depending on circumstances. We appreciate your support and understanding during these unprecedented times and look forward to seeing you on the mountain sometime soon.