Events Search and Views Navigation
Events List Navigation
Monday, April 1 - Friday, May 31
The park is full of spring blooms and signs of the season to come. Break out your cameras and share your best snapshots of whatever spring views you come across and you could win prizes! See contest details below.
GREAT PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED TO 3 WINNING ENTRIES
1st Prize: The winning photo will be our Facebook cover photo for two weeks, and the photographer will receive two annual passes to Chimney Rock State Park and lunch for four at the Old Rock Café.
2nd Prize: After the first place photo, the second place photo will be our Facebook cover photo for one week. The photographer will receive one annual pass to Chimney Rock State Park and lunch for two at the Old Rock Café.
3rd Prize: The third place photographer will receive two adult day passes (or one family pack of day passes) to Chimney Rock State Park and lunch for two at the Old Rock Café.
- There is no fee to enter the contest. All photographs must be taken of Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park only in areas accessible to guests between April 1, 2024– May 31, 2024.
The contest is open to amateur and professional photographers.
- Up to three photos per person can be submitted via any of the following ways to be eligible to win:
- Facebook: First, like the Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park page. Next, send us a private message including your contact information specified in rule #3.
- E-mail: If you don’t have access to social media, you may email your digital photo with your contact information specified in rule #3 to [email protected].
- Every entry should be clearly labeled with the photographer’s name, city & state, a brief photo caption, an email address and the best phone number to reach you.
- Photos should be available at a minimum resolution of 1200 x 1600 pixels (1 MB minimum) to be eligible to win. Photos taken via smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices are welcome if they meet minimum requirements.
- For entries showing human faces, you must list their name(s) and have written permission from any photographed person(s) to use their image.
- Entries should reflect the photographer’s interpretation of the theme. Emphasis will be placed on quality, composition and creativity. All entries may be used in promotions of Chimney Rock and park-related activities.
- Digital images can be optimized but not dramatically altered with photo editing software. Black and white photographs are welcome.
- Winners will be chosen by a team of Chimney Rock staff. Decisions regarding winners are final.
Winners will be notified personally and announced on Chimney Rock’s social media. For more information, call 1-828-625-9611, ext. 1812 or email us at [email protected].
Saturday, May 4 - Sunday, May 5
Spend a weekend of adventure in the park with your scouts! Enjoy hands on programming, hikes, and more at our biggest Scout event of the year. Head home after a great day in the park or spend the night camping under the stars. Registration closes April 26 and is limited to 150 scouts.
Saturday, May 11
Are you curious about why birding has become America’s fastest growing hobby? Would you like to identify some of the locals around your backyard birdfeeder? Or are you an expert birder already? Regardless of your birdwatching credentials, this hike is for you. Explore one of the park’s trails with a professional birding guide and learn more about our incredible feathered neighbors.
Wednesday, May 15
Bring your homeschoolers for a day of learning and adventure at Chimney Rock. Shed the winter blues with hands-on spring activities and programs led by our education team, then explore the park in the afternoon with lots of ways to enhance your experience.
Saturday, May 18
Do you ever wonder what goes on in the park after dark? Join a guide on the Hickory Nut Falls Trail and learn who comes out in the park when the sun comes down. This moderate hike is the perfect time to learn more about some of the park’s rarely-seen residents.