Events Search and Views Navigation
Events List Navigation
Friday, October 15 - Monday, November 15
It’s during this time of year that the mountains explode with autumn color. Capture photos of the fall season and enter them into our “Contrasting Colors” Photo Contest. We’ll use the winning entries on our website and Facebook album, and you’ll win some fun prizes. Photos must be taken within the Chimney Rock section of the Park.
GREAT PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED TO 3 WINNING ENTRIES
- There is no fee to enter the contest. All photographs must be taken inside Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park only in areas accessible to guests between October 15, 2021 – November 15, 2021.
The contest is open to amateur and professional photographers.
- Up to three photos per person can be submitted via any of the following ways to be eligible to win:
- Facebook: First, like the Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park page and share our photo contest post on your wall. Then post your photo to our wall with the photographer’s name and a brief caption (25-75 words) through your personal Facebook account. Next, send us a private message including your contact information specified in rule #3.
- Pinterest: First, re-pin our photo contest pin to one of your boards and follow our 2017 The Different Seasons of Chimney Rock Spring Photo Contest Board so we can easily contact you. Then pin your photo with the hashtags #chimneyrock AND #photocontest with your personal account, and include the photographer’s name and a brief caption (25-75 words).
- Twitter: First, follow Chimney Rock Park and retweet our tweet about the photo contest. Then tweet your photo to @ChimneyRockPark with the photographer’s name and the hashtag #photocontest. Next, send us private messages with your brief photo caption.
- E-mail: If you don’t have access to any social media sites listed above, you may email your digital photo with your contact information specified in rule #3 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Snail Mail: Send your print photo with the clearly marked photographer’s name, city & state, a brief typed photo caption and a phone number to: Photo Contest, Chimney Rock Management LLC, PO Box 39, Chimney Rock, NC 28720.
- Every entry should be clearly labeled with the photographer’s name, city & state, a brief photo caption your photo of the Seasons of Chimney Rock, an email address and the best phone number to reach you.
- Photos should be available at a minimum resolution of 1200 x 1600 pixels (1 MB minimum) to be eligible to win. Photos taken via smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices are welcome if they meet minimum requirements.
- For entries showing human faces, you must list their name(s) and have written permission from any photographed person(s) to use their image.
- Entries should reflect the photographer’s interpretation of love at Chimney Rock. Emphasis will be placed on quality, composition and creativity. All entries may be used in promotions of Chimney Rock and park-related activities.
- Digital images can be optimized but not dramatically altered with photo editing software. Black and white photographs are welcome.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
Winners will be notified and announced on Chimney Rock’s social media channels. For more information, call 1-828-625-9611 or email us at email@example.com.
Monday, November 1 - Monday, November 29
Spend an hour hiking one of our six different trails with a naturalist. This is educational excursion will give you a better understanding of the flora and fauna that can be found in the Park. You may even learn some of the Park’s history as well.
Saturday, November 6
The trails of Chimney Rock in the fall are amazing, but a guided hike off-the-beaten-path can lead you to places you never knew existed. Join us for this autumn adventure on one of our most popular excursions. You’ll discover seasonal changes along your trek that will introduce you to a whole new perspective of the Park. This hike is considered moderately strenuous. Space is limited and advance registration is required. Book your spot below.
Monday, November 8 - Friday, November 12
Veterans, reservists, retired and active military personnel are our American heroes, and Chimney Rock would like to honor your service with a free visit to Chimney Rock State Park from November 8-12, 2021. Must present military ID or proof of service.
Saturday, November 20
What’s a llama’s favorite drink? “Llamanade.” What do llamas reply when you say thank you? “No probLlama.”
These humorous, camel-like creatures are so funny and unique. They bring joy and laughter to just about any situation. Imagine hiking with one of these wooly companions. At Llamapalooza, you’ll have a chance to escort llamas along the Park’s half-mile Great Woodland Adventure loop trail. We will be offering three different hikes:
11:15am – First Hike
12:15pm – Second Hike
1:15pm – Third Hike
During your excursion, you will learn more about the llamas and pose with them for fun photo ops. This event is exclusively for annual passholders only. If you are not an annual passholder and would like to become one, you can purchase an annual pass here.
Space is limited for these hikes and pre-registration is required. Please reserve your spot below.
Friday, November 26 - Sunday, November 28
Join a Park Naturalist to meet some of our resident Animal Ambassadors. Participants will learn what kind of wildlife inhabits the Park and their important role in the ecosystem. You might even leave with a newfound appreciation for critters you once misunderstood.