Events Search and Views Navigation
Events List Navigation
Tuesday, June 1 - Tuesday, August 31
Join a Park Naturalist to meet some of our resident Animal Ambassadors. Participants will learn what kind of wildlife inhabits the Park and their important role in the ecosystem. You might even leave with a newfound appreciation for critters you once misunderstood.
Thursday, July 1 - Saturday, July 31
Summer is all about outdoor fun, spending quality time together as a family and taking in the wonderful sights of nature. During this time of year, it’s easy to find many human faces in the Park, but you can also see other faces as well. Whether it’s faces of animals, faces in the rock formations, or even outlines of faces in the ground. Be sure to submit your best photo interpretation into our summer-themed “The Many Faces of Chimney Rock” Photo Contest. We’ll use the winning entries on our website and Facebook album, and you can win some fun prizes. Photos must be taken within the Chimney Rock section of the Park. Don’t miss your chance to #seechimneyrockdifferently.
GREAT PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED TO 3 WINNING ENTRIES
2nd Prize: The second place photographer will receive two annual passes to Chimney Rock State Park and dinner for two at the Old Rock Café.
3rd Prize: The third place photographer will receive two adult day passes (or one family pack of day passes) to Chimney Rock State Park and dinner for two at the Old Rock Café.
- There is no fee to enter the contest. All photographs must be taken inside Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park only in areas accessible to guests between July 1, 2021 – July 31, 2021.
The contest is open to amateur and professional photographers.
- Up to three photos per person can be submitted via any of the following ways to be eligible to win:
- Facebook: First, like the Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park page. Next, send us a private message including your contact information specified in rule #3.
- E-mail: If you don’t have access to social media, you may email your digital photo with your contact information specified in rule #3 to email@example.com.
- Every entry should be clearly labeled with the photographer’s name, city & state, a brief photo caption, an email address and the best phone number to reach you.
- Photos should be available at a minimum resolution of 1200 x 1600 pixels (1 MB minimum) to be eligible to win. Photos taken via smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices are welcome if they meet minimum requirements.
- For entries showing human faces, you must list their name(s) and have written permission from any photographed person(s) to use their image.
- Entries should reflect the photographer’s interpretation of the theme. Emphasis will be placed on quality, composition and creativity. All entries may be used in promotions of Chimney Rock and park-related activities.
- Digital images can be optimized but not dramatically altered with photo editing software. Black and white photographs are welcome.
- Finalists will be chosen by Chimney Rock staff and the winner will be voted on by the public. Decisions regarding winners are final.
Winners will be notified personally and announced on Chimney Rock’s social media. For more information, call 1-828-625-9611, ext. 1812 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, July 17
Join a naturalist for a guided hike along one of our newest trails in the Park, the Skyline trail. You will pass overlooks such as Peregrine’s Point and the Hickory Nut Falls Overlook. See the Hickory Nut Gorge like you have never seen it before and learn some new facts along the way. Make sure you bring water and comfortable hiking shoes for this awesome adventure. Space is limited and advance registration is required. Book your spot below.
Events are subject to change; weather could cause cancellations.
Friday, July 23
Bask in lunar energy during this full moon yoga session with Namaste in Nature. The mountains are said to be a natural vortex of spiritual energy, which makes Chimney Rock an ideal setting for connecting your spirit with nature.
Lightweight yoga mats will be provided by your certified yoga teacher. This class is open to all levels of expertise. Advance registration is required. Book your spot below.
Events are subject to change; weather could cause cancellations