Events Search and Views Navigation
Events List Navigation
Tuesday, June 1 - Tuesday, August 31
Join a Park Naturalist to meet some of our resident Animal Ambassadors. Participants will learn what kind of wildlife inhabits the Park and their important role in the ecosystem. You might even leave with a newfound appreciation for critters you once misunderstood.
Thursday, July 1 - Saturday, July 31
Summer is all about outdoor fun, spending quality time together as a family and taking in the wonderful sights of nature. During this time of year, it’s easy to find many human faces in the Park, but you can also see other faces as well. Whether it’s faces of animals, faces in the rock formations, or even outlines of faces in the ground. Be sure to submit your best photo interpretation into our summer-themed “The Many Faces of Chimney Rock” Photo Contest. We’ll use the winning entries on our website and Facebook album, and you can win some fun prizes. Photos must be taken within the Chimney Rock section of the Park.
GREAT PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED TO 3 WINNING ENTRIES
- There is no fee to enter the contest. All photographs must be taken inside Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park only in areas accessible to guests between July 1, 2021 – July 31, 2021.
The contest is open to amateur and professional photographers.
- Up to three photos per person can be submitted via any of the following ways to be eligible to win:
- Facebook: First, like the Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park page and share our photo contest post on your wall. Then post your photo to our wall with the photographer’s name and a brief caption (25-75 words) through your personal Facebook account. Next, send us a private message including your contact information specified in rule #3.
- Pinterest: First, re-pin our photo contest pin to one of your boards and follow our 2017 The Different Seasons of Chimney Rock Spring Photo Contest Board so we can easily contact you. Then pin your photo with the hashtags #chimneyrock AND #photocontest with your personal account, and include the photographer’s name and a brief caption (25-75 words).
- Twitter: First, follow Chimney Rock Park and retweet our tweet about the photo contest. Then tweet your photo to @ChimneyRockPark with the photographer’s name and the hashtag #photocontest. Next, send us private messages with your brief photo caption.
- E-mail: If you don’t have access to any social media sites listed above, you may email your digital photo with your contact information specified in rule #3 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Snail Mail: Send your print photo with the clearly marked photographer’s name, city & state, a brief typed photo caption and a phone number to: Photo Contest, Chimney Rock Management LLC, PO Box 39, Chimney Rock, NC 28720.
- Every entry should be clearly labeled with the photographer’s name, city & state, a brief photo caption your photo of the Seasons of Chimney Rock, an email address and the best phone number to reach you.
- Photos should be available at a minimum resolution of 1200 x 1600 pixels (1 MB minimum) to be eligible to win. Photos taken via smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices are welcome if they meet minimum requirements.
- For entries showing human faces, you must list their name(s) and have written permission from any photographed person(s) to use their image.
- Entries should reflect the photographer’s interpretation of love at Chimney Rock. Emphasis will be placed on quality, composition and creativity. All entries may be used in promotions of Chimney Rock and park-related activities.
- Digital images can be optimized but not dramatically altered with photo editing software. Black and white photographs are welcome.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
Winners will be notified and announced on Chimney Rock’s social media channels. For more information, call 1-828-625-9611 or email us at email@example.com.
Saturday, July 17
Join a naturalist for a guided hike along one of our newest trails in the Park, the Skyline trail. You will pass overlooks such as Peregrine’s Point and the Hickory Nut Falls Overlook. See the Hickory Nut Gorge like you have never seen it before and learn some new facts along the way. Make sure you bring water and comfortable hiking shoes for this awesome adventure. Space is limited and advance registration is required. Book your spot below.