Events Search and Views Navigation
Events List Navigation
Thursday, October 15 - Sunday, November 15
It’s during this time of year that the mountains explode with color. Capture photos of the fall season and enter them into our “Find Your Color” Photo Contest. We’ll use the winning entries on our website and Facebook album, and you’ll win some fun prizes. Photos must be taken within the Chimney Rock section of the Park.
GREAT PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED TO 3 WINNING ENTRIES
- There is no fee to enter the contest. All photographs must be taken inside Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park only in areas accessible to guests between January 1, 2020 – February 29, 2020.
The contest is open to amateur and professional photographers.
- Up to three photos per person can be submitted via any of the following ways to be eligible to win:
- Facebook: First, like the Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park page and share our photo contest post on your wall. Then post your photo to our wall with the photographer’s name and a brief caption (25-75 words) through your personal Facebook account. Next, send us a private message including your contact information specified in rule #3.
- Pinterest: First, re-pin our photo contest pin to one of your boards and follow our 2017 The Different Seasons of Chimney Rock Spring Photo Contest Board so we can easily contact you. Then pin your photo with the hashtags #chimneyrock AND #photocontest with your personal account, and include the photographer’s name and a brief caption (25-75 words).
- Twitter: First, follow Chimney Rock Park and retweet our tweet about the photo contest. Then tweet your photo to @ChimneyRockPark with the photographer’s name and the hashtag #photocontest. Next, send us private messages with your brief photo caption.
- E-mail: If you don’t have access to any social media sites listed above, you may email your digital photo with your contact information specified in rule #3 to email@example.com.
- Snail Mail: Send your print photo with the clearly marked photographer’s name, city & state, a brief typed photo caption and a phone number to: Photo Contest, Chimney Rock Management LLC, PO Box 39, Chimney Rock, NC 28720.
- Every entry should be clearly labeled with the photographer’s name, city & state, a brief photo caption your photo of the Seasons of Chimney Rock, an email address and the best phone number to reach you.
- Photos should be available at a minimum resolution of 1200 x 1600 pixels (1 MB minimum) to be eligible to win. Photos taken via smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices are welcome if they meet minimum requirements.
- For entries showing human faces, you must list their name(s) and have written permission from any photographed person(s) to use their image.
- Entries should reflect the photographer’s interpretation of love at Chimney Rock. Emphasis will be placed on quality, composition and creativity. All entries may be used in promotions of Chimney Rock and park-related activities.
- Digital images can be optimized but not dramatically altered with photo editing software. Black and white photographs are welcome.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
Winners will be notified and announced on Chimney Rock’s social media channels. For more information, call 1-800-277-9611 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, November 7
Join professional photographer Buddy Morrison for an interactive session on the basics of smartphone photography. Whether you’re an Android or iPhone user, you’re sure to take away some great photo editing skills from this three-hour outdoor class session. You will embark on a quick photo-taking odyssey to various spots in the Park, so be prepared to do some moderate hiking.
This class does require pre-registration. Book your spot below!
Saturday, November 7 - Saturday, November 21
Spend an hour hiking the Hickory Nut Falls trail with a Park naturalist. This educational excursion will give you a better understanding of the flora and fauna that can be found here in the Park. You may even learn some of the Park’s history as well. This hike is included with Park admission. To attend, meet in front of Cliff Dwellers Gift Shop (by the elevator entrance) shortly before 11am.
Wednesday, November 11 - Sunday, November 15
Veterans, reservists, retired and active military personnel are our American heroes, and Chimney Rock would like to honor your service with a free visit to Chimney Rock State Park during November 11-15, 2020. Must present military ID or proof of service.
Saturday, November 14
What’s a llama’s favorite drink? “Llamanade.” What do llamas reply when you say thank you? “No probLlama.”
These humorous, camel-like creatures are so funny and unique. They bring joy and laughter to just about any situation. Imagine hiking with one of these wooly companions. At Llamapalooza, you’ll have a chance to escort llamas along the Park’s half-mile Great Woodland Adventure loop trail. We will be offering three different hikes:
11:15am – First Hike
12:15pm – Second Hike
1:15pm – Third Hike
During your excursion, you will learn more about the llamas and pose with them for fun photo ops. This event is exclusively for annual passholders only. If you are not an annual passholder and would like to become one, you can purchase an annual pass here.
Space is limited for these hikes and pre-registration is required. Please reserve your spot below.
Friday, November 27 - Sunday, November 29
We are lucky to have incredible Animal Ambassadors to help us spread the word on the important roles they play in the Park. Join one of our Park Naturalists for an informal program where your family will love meeting some of our wilder teammates! Kids of all ages are sure to take home some fun facts and special memories.