Events Search and Views Navigation
Events List Navigation
Saturday, October 3
Fall bird migration is an active time in the North Carolina mountains. It is here that migratory birds are preparing to journey south to their wintering grounds in the Southeastern U.S., Caribbean, Central America, and South America. This makes Chimney Rock a great hotspot to catch a glimpse of a lot of northern birds before their mass, seasonal exodus. Join a local birding expert during this two-hour excursion to locate and identify some of these “snowbirds”.
Saturday, October 3 - Sunday, October 4
Troops of all ages will enjoy our annual Fall Girl Scout Day. Your scouts will love the hands-on morning programs, adventurous afternoon activities and the incredible opportunity to camp overnight in the Park.
Registration closes September 25th and is limited to 150 scouts. So reserve your spot below! $30 reservation fee is non-refundable but will be applied to your final total amount.
Saturday, October 10 - Sunday, October 11
Scouts have explored and investigated Chimney Rock for decades. Our Fall Boy Scout Day is one of the best ways to see all that the Park has to offer. Enjoy morning programs, optional afternoon activities and the rare opportunity to spend the night beneath the stars with other scouts.
Click here for detailed program information. Registration closes October 2nd and is limited to 150 scouts. So reserve your spot below! $30 reservation fee is non-refundable but will be applied to your final total amount.
Thursday, October 15 - Sunday, November 15
It’s during this time of year that the mountains explode with color. Capture photos of the fall season and enter them into our “Find Your Color” Photo Contest. We’ll use the winning entries on our website and Facebook album, and you’ll win some fun prizes. Photos must be taken within the Chimney Rock section of the Park.
GREAT PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED TO 3 WINNING ENTRIES
- There is no fee to enter the contest. All photographs must be taken inside Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park only in areas accessible to guests between January 1, 2020 – February 29, 2020.
The contest is open to amateur and professional photographers.
- Up to three photos per person can be submitted via any of the following ways to be eligible to win:
- Facebook: First, like the Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park page and share our photo contest post on your wall. Then post your photo to our wall with the photographer’s name and a brief caption (25-75 words) through your personal Facebook account. Next, send us a private message including your contact information specified in rule #3.
- Pinterest: First, re-pin our photo contest pin to one of your boards and follow our 2017 The Different Seasons of Chimney Rock Spring Photo Contest Board so we can easily contact you. Then pin your photo with the hashtags #chimneyrock AND #photocontest with your personal account, and include the photographer’s name and a brief caption (25-75 words).
- Twitter: First, follow Chimney Rock Park and retweet our tweet about the photo contest. Then tweet your photo to @ChimneyRockPark with the photographer’s name and the hashtag #photocontest. Next, send us private messages with your brief photo caption.
- E-mail: If you don’t have access to any social media sites listed above, you may email your digital photo with your contact information specified in rule #3 to email@example.com.
- Snail Mail: Send your print photo with the clearly marked photographer’s name, city & state, a brief typed photo caption and a phone number to: Photo Contest, Chimney Rock Management LLC, PO Box 39, Chimney Rock, NC 28720.
- Every entry should be clearly labeled with the photographer’s name, city & state, a brief photo caption your photo of the Seasons of Chimney Rock, an email address and the best phone number to reach you.
- Photos should be available at a minimum resolution of 1200 x 1600 pixels (1 MB minimum) to be eligible to win. Photos taken via smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices are welcome if they meet minimum requirements.
- For entries showing human faces, you must list their name(s) and have written permission from any photographed person(s) to use their image.
- Entries should reflect the photographer’s interpretation of love at Chimney Rock. Emphasis will be placed on quality, composition and creativity. All entries may be used in promotions of Chimney Rock and park-related activities.
- Digital images can be optimized but not dramatically altered with photo editing software. Black and white photographs are welcome.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
Winners will be notified and announced on Chimney Rock’s social media channels. For more information, call 1-800-277-9611 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, October 17
Come experience a unique, guided night hike that is fun for the whole family. Tales of the Trail is a non-scary, fall event that introduces you to woodland creatures and how they live. Groups of 20 – 25 people will be led along a lighted, half-mile loop trail to meet costumed animal characters and receive fun giveaways. This festive event will also include music, crafts, a campfire with s’mores and other festival fun.
Tickets for this event will be available starting May 1st. Check back after this date for online registration.