Events Search and Views Navigation
Events List Navigation
Thursday, April 1 - Monday, May 31
The dormancy of winter is coming to an end, and life is beginning to return to the forests. Wildflowers blooming and buds on trees are an indication that spring and warmer weather are right around the corner. This is the perfect opportunity to capture some beautiful images of the Park’s spring blooms and enter them into our “Buds & Blooms” Photo Contest. We’ll use the winning entries on our website and Facebook album, and you’ll win some fun prizes. Photos must be taken within the Chimney Rock section of the Park.
GREAT PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED TO 3 WINNING ENTRIES
- There is no fee to enter the contest. All photographs must be taken inside Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park only in areas accessible to guests between April 1, 2021 – April 30, 2021.
The contest is open to amateur and professional photographers.
- Up to three photos per person can be submitted via any of the following ways to be eligible to win:
- Facebook: First, like the Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park page and share our photo contest post on your wall. Then post your photo to our wall with the photographer’s name and a brief caption (25-75 words) through your personal Facebook account. Next, send us a private message including your contact information specified in rule #3.
- Pinterest: First, re-pin our photo contest pin to one of your boards and follow our 2017 The Different Seasons of Chimney Rock Spring Photo Contest Board so we can easily contact you. Then pin your photo with the hashtags #chimneyrock AND #photocontest with your personal account, and include the photographer’s name and a brief caption (25-75 words).
- Twitter: First, follow Chimney Rock Park and retweet our tweet about the photo contest. Then tweet your photo to @ChimneyRockPark with the photographer’s name and the hashtag #photocontest. Next, send us private messages with your brief photo caption.
- E-mail: If you don’t have access to any social media sites listed above, you may email your digital photo with your contact information specified in rule #3 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Snail Mail: Send your print photo with the clearly marked photographer’s name, city & state, a brief typed photo caption and a phone number to: Photo Contest, Chimney Rock Management LLC, PO Box 39, Chimney Rock, NC 28720.
- Every entry should be clearly labeled with the photographer’s name, city & state, a brief photo caption your photo of the Seasons of Chimney Rock, an email address and the best phone number to reach you.
- Photos should be available at a minimum resolution of 1200 x 1600 pixels (1 MB minimum) to be eligible to win. Photos taken via smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices are welcome if they meet minimum requirements.
- For entries showing human faces, you must list their name(s) and have written permission from any photographed person(s) to use their image.
- Entries should reflect the photographer’s interpretation of love at Chimney Rock. Emphasis will be placed on quality, composition and creativity. All entries may be used in promotions of Chimney Rock and park-related activities.
- Digital images can be optimized but not dramatically altered with photo editing software. Black and white photographs are welcome.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
Winners will be notified and announced on Chimney Rock’s social media channels. For more information, call 1-828-625-9611 or email us at email@example.com.
Saturday, May 15 - Sunday, May 16
Calling troops of all ages for annual Spring Girl Scout Day! Your scouts will love the hands-on morning programs, adventurous afternoon activities and the incredible opportunity to camp overnight in the Park.
Click here for detailed program information. Call (828) 625-9611 ext. 1837 to reserve your troop today!
A $30 non-refundable reservation fee will be applied to your final total amount. Registration closes on May 6, 2021 or when we reach our limit of scouts.
Saturday, May 22
Bees are the pollinators in the floral community. They are also some of the hardest working insects in the world. This two-hour learning session will give you an in-depth look at the role that these fascinating creatures play in our eco-system. Plan for classroom time as well as exploring our pollinator garden during this educational experience. Advance registration is required for this class. Book your spot below.
Wednesday, May 26
Bask in lunar energy during this full moon yoga session with Namaste in Nature. The mountains are said to be a natural vortex of spiritual energy, which makes Chimney Rock an ideal setting for connecting your spirit with nature.
Lightweight yoga mats will be provided by your certified yoga teacher. This class is open to all levels of expertise. Advance registration is required. Book your spot below.
Events are subject to change; weather could cause cancellations.