Events Search and Views Navigation
Events List Navigation
Friday, October 7
Think outside the studio and enjoy the quiet of the Park after the gates have closed with this yoga practice under the night sky. The mountains are said to be a natural vortex of spiritual energy, which makes Chimney Rock an ideal setting for connecting your spirit with nature at this outdoor class overlooking Hickory Nut Gorge and Lake Lure.
Saturday, October 8 - Sunday, October 9
Nothing says fall like a weekend camping under the stars! Round up your troop for a chance to meet new friends, explore the Park and learn more about the world around us through hands-on programs for all ages.
A $30 non-refundable reservation fee per troop will be applied to your final total amount. A final invoice will be emailed prior to the event.
For questions contact Groups@ChimneyRockPark.com
Saturday, October 15 - Tuesday, November 15
Trees take center stage this month as they begin their dramatic fall transformation. Capture the beauty of fall color as we round out our celebration of NC State Parks’ Year of the Tree. Enter your fall photos for the chance to win great prizes.
GREAT PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED TO 3 WINNING ENTRIES
1st Prize: The winning photo will be our Facebook cover photo for two weeks, and the photographer will receive two annual passes to Chimney Rock State Park, two boat tour tickets from Lake Lure Tours, and dinner for two at the Old Rock Café.
2nd Prize: After the first place photo, the second place photo will be our Facebook cover photo for one week. The photographer will receive two annual passes to Chimney Rock State Park and dinner for two at the Old Rock Café.
3rd Prize: The third place photographer will receive two adult day passes (or one family pack of day passes) to Chimney Rock State Park and dinner for two at the Old Rock Café.
- There is no fee to enter the contest. All photographs must be taken of Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park only in areas accessible to guests between October 15, 2022 – November 15, 2022.
The contest is open to amateur and professional photographers.
- Up to three photos per person can be submitted via any of the following ways to be eligible to win:
- Facebook: First, like the Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park page. Next, send us a private message including your contact information specified in rule #3.
- E-mail: If you don’t have access to social media, you may email your digital photo with your contact information specified in rule #3 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Every entry should be clearly labeled with the photographer’s name, city & state, a brief photo caption, an email address and the best phone number to reach you.
- Photos should be available at a minimum resolution of 1200 x 1600 pixels (1 MB minimum) to be eligible to win. Photos taken via smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices are welcome if they meet minimum requirements.
- For entries showing human faces, you must list their name(s) and have written permission from any photographed person(s) to use their image.
- Entries should reflect the photographer’s interpretation of the theme. Emphasis will be placed on quality, composition and creativity. All entries may be used in promotions of Chimney Rock and park-related activities.
- Digital images can be optimized but not dramatically altered with photo editing software. Black and white photographs are welcome.
- Finalists will be chosen by Chimney Rock staff and the winner will be voted on by the public. Decisions regarding winners are final.
Winners will be notified personally and announced on Chimney Rock’s social media. For more information, call 1-828-625-9611, ext. 1812 or email us at email@example.com.
Saturday, October 15
Live music returns to the Old Rock Cafe with our new music series: Playing for Our Partners. Come enjoy an evening of good food and good music on the deck overlooking the Rocky Broad River and support a good cause, too. A percentage of proceeds from each event in the series will benefit one of our local non-profit partners. The October event will feature musician Mike Pauer and support the Friends of Chimney Rock State Park.
*This event is at the Old Rock Cafe, not inside the Park*
Saturday, October 29
Fall color is one of the highlights of life in WNC. Toward the end of the season Hickory Nut Gorge comes alive with gorgeous shades of gold and red. Join a naturalist and learn more about fall flora and fauna in the Park as you take in the beauty of the season.