Labor Day Weekend Notice – September 5 – 7
Labor Day has historically been one of our busiest weekends. With the number of visitors we have seen this summer, there is no reason to think that will not be the case this year. We anticipate heavy congestion in certain areas of the Park, especially during the peak hours of 10am – 3pm. To avoid long wait times, we suggest you come early in the morning. Monday is the least busy day of the weekend. If your schedule permits, you may even want to consider coming after the holiday weekend.
We are emphasizing the NC Dept. of Health & Human Services 3 W’s: Wear a cloth mask over your nose and mouth in all indoor and outdoor locations where safe social distancing cannot be maintained; Wait 6 feet apart and avoid close contact with others that are not in your party; Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently. Hand sanitizing dispensers are located on every trail and at every indoor location.
We want to do everything we can to ensure that all of our guests have a great experience in the Park. We sincerely appreciate your understanding and support during these difficult times.
If you are planning to visit the Park this weekend, here is additional information you need to know:
- The top parking lot is closed due to construction, so all guests will be required to park in the Meadows area (just past the Ticket Plaza).
- Since the Park will be operating at a “limited” parking capacity, entrance into the Park will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. If capacity is reached, the Park will close to any further entry until space has cleared to allow more vehicles to enter. We will be posting closure updates on our Facebook page.
- While we are encouraging guests to hike into the Park from the Meadows, we do offer a shuttle service up to the top parking lot for those who are unable to hike. Shuttles will only be able to transport a limited number of guests per trip which may result in longer wait times. If you want to ride the shuttle, please plan your day accordingly.
- The elevator is open and will take guests up who came together in the same vehicle (limit 8 per trip). Masks are required. To prevent long lines in the Sky Lounge gift shop, the elevator ride down is reserved for disabled guests only. Guests should take the scenic Outcroppings trail down to the top parking lot.
- Cliff Dwellers gift shop and the Sky Lounge (near the Chimney) will be open with limited capacity. Snacks and bottled drinks will be available at both of these locations.
- The Animal Discovery Den will remain closed.
- The Old Rock Café in Chimney Rock Village is open daily from 11am – 5pm for takeout and limited capacity dining. Please see OldRockCafe.com for more information.
- Our associates will be taking appropriate precautions to protect the safety of ourselves and all of our guests. See our We Care Commitment. We are prepared and trained to handle any situation during this time.
- Please recreate responsibly during your visit. Stay safe!
This plan is subject to change depending on circumstances. We appreciate your support and understanding during these unprecedented times and look forward to seeing you on the mountain sometime soon.