Events Search and Views Navigation
Events List Navigation
Saturday, October 5
Rise and shine! There’s only a few times a year when visitors can watch the sunrise over Lake Lure and Hickory Nut Gorge, and this one is just for you – our Annual Passholders. Bundle up and enjoy a cup of coffee on the Chimney as dawn breaks over the park. Then, sit down for a catered breakfast from the Old Rock Cafe. *This event is for Annual Passholders only. No additional guests, please.*
Wednesday, October 9
Our fall passholder-exclusive hike will catch the tail end of fall bird migration. Enjoy this intimate passholder-exclusive walk led by a local birding expert and learn more about migrating and resident species who call Chimney Rock home for parts of the year.
Saturday, October 12
Do you ever wonder what goes on in the park after dark? Join a guide on the Hickory Nut Falls Trail and learn who comes out in the park when the sun comes down. This moderate hike is the perfect time to learn more about some of the park’s rarely-seen residents.
Tuesday, October 15 - Friday, November 15
Fall is the perfect time to explore Chimney Rock, and take some fabulous photos along the way. Send us your best, most creative snapshots of fall color views at Chimney Rock for the chance to win prizes! Full contest details below.
GREAT PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED TO 3 WINNING ENTRIES
1st Prize: The winning photo will be our Facebook cover photo for two weeks, and the photographer will receive two annual passes to Chimney Rock State Park and lunch for four at the Old Rock Café.
2nd Prize: After the first place photo, the second place photo will be our Facebook cover photo for one week. The photographer will receive one annual pass to Chimney Rock State Park and lunch for two at the Old Rock Café.
3rd Prize: The third place photographer will receive two adult day passes (or one family pack of day passes) to Chimney Rock State Park and lunch for two at the Old Rock Café.
- There is no fee to enter the contest. All photographs must be taken in Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park only in areas accessible to guests between October 15, 2023 – November 15, 2023.
The contest is open to amateur and professional photographers.
- Up to three photos per person can be submitted via any of the following ways to be eligible to win:
- E-mail: You may email your digital photo with your contact information specified in rule #3 to [email protected].
- Facebook: Send us a private message including your contact information specified in rule #3.
- Every entry should be clearly labeled with the photographer’s name, city & state, a brief photo caption, an email address and the best phone number to reach you.
- Photos should be available at a minimum resolution of 1200 x 1600 pixels (1 MB minimum) to be eligible to win. Photos taken via smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices are welcome if they meet minimum requirements.
- For entries showing human faces, you must list their name(s) and have written permission from any photographed person(s) to use their image.
- Entries should reflect the photographer’s interpretation of the theme. Emphasis will be placed on quality, composition and creativity. All entries may be used in promotions of Chimney Rock and park-related activities.
- Digital images can be optimized but not dramatically altered with photo editing software. Black and white photographs are welcome.
- Winners will be chosen by a team of Chimney Rock staff. Decisions regarding winners are final.
Winners will be notified personally and announced on Chimney Rock’s social media. For more information, call 1-828-625-9611, ext. 1812 or email us at [email protected].
Friday, October 18
The best view of any yoga class in town, hands down! Our friends from Namaste in Nature will lead this peaceful, after-hours yoga class to kick off the weekend. This class is beginner friendly.
Saturday, October 26
Experience fall color in Chimney Rock at its best on this guided hike with a local naturalist. Explore stunning fall views throughout the park and learn about what causes these gorgeous autumn displays each year.