Events Search and Views Navigation
Events List Navigation
Wednesday, April 1 - Thursday, April 30
Wildflowers blooming are an indication that spring and warmer weather are right around the corner. This is the perfect opportunity to capture some beautiful images of the Park’s spring blooms and enter them into our “Blooms & Blossoms” Photo Contest. We’ll use the winning entries on our website and Facebook album, and you’ll win some fun prizes. Photos must be taken within the Chimney Rock section of the Park.
GREAT PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED TO 3 WINNING ENTRIES
- There is no fee to enter the contest. All photographs must be taken inside Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park only in areas accessible to guests between January 1, 2020 – February 29, 2020.
The contest is open to amateur and professional photographers.
- Up to three photos per person can be submitted via any of the following ways to be eligible to win:
- Facebook: First, like the Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park page and share our photo contest post on your wall. Then post your photo to our wall with the photographer’s name and a brief caption (25-75 words) through your personal Facebook account. Next, send us a private message including your contact information specified in rule #3.
- Pinterest: First, re-pin our photo contest pin to one of your boards and follow our 2017 The Different Seasons of Chimney Rock Spring Photo Contest Board so we can easily contact you. Then pin your photo with the hashtags #chimneyrock AND #photocontest with your personal account, and include the photographer’s name and a brief caption (25-75 words).
- Twitter: First, follow Chimney Rock Park and retweet our tweet about the photo contest. Then tweet your photo to @ChimneyRockPark with the photographer’s name and the hashtag #photocontest. Next, send us private messages with your brief photo caption.
- E-mail: If you don’t have access to any social media sites listed above, you may email your digital photo with your contact information specified in rule #3 to email@example.com.
- Snail Mail: Send your print photo with the clearly marked photographer’s name, city & state, a brief typed photo caption and a phone number to: Photo Contest, Chimney Rock Management LLC, PO Box 39, Chimney Rock, NC 28720.
- Every entry should be clearly labeled with the photographer’s name, city & state, a brief photo caption your photo of the Seasons of Chimney Rock, an email address and the best phone number to reach you.
- Photos should be available at a minimum resolution of 1200 x 1600 pixels (1 MB minimum) to be eligible to win. Photos taken via smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices are welcome if they meet minimum requirements.
- For entries showing human faces, you must list their name(s) and have written permission from any photographed person(s) to use their image.
- Entries should reflect the photographer’s interpretation of love at Chimney Rock. Emphasis will be placed on quality, composition and creativity. All entries may be used in promotions of Chimney Rock and park-related activities.
- Digital images can be optimized but not dramatically altered with photo editing software. Black and white photographs are welcome.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
Winners will be notified and announced on Chimney Rock’s social media channels. For more information, call 1-800-277-9611 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, April 6 - Sunday, April 19
We are lucky to have incredible Animal Ambassadors to help us spread the word on the important roles they play in the Park. Join one of our Park Naturalists for an informal program where your family will love meeting some of our wilder teammates! Kids of all ages are sure to take home some fun facts and special memories.
Saturday, April 11
Easter weekend is the perfect time to enjoy a morning of wildflower exploration. This moderate guided hike will help you learn about our colorful spring flowers. You’ll be surprised to find such a variety within such a small area of the Park. Along the way, we’ll also touch on other local flora and fauna. The journey will take you along the Hickory Nut Falls Trail and down the Four Seasons Trail, but you won’t have to hike back to the top lot. Transportation will be provided.
Saturday, April 18
Join professional photographer Buddy Morrison for an interactive session on the basics of smartphone photography. Whether you’re an Android or iPhone user, you’re sure to take away some great skills from this three-hour class. This photographic odyssey will take you to various spots in the Park, so be prepared to do some moderate hiking.
This class does require pre-registration, so be sure to book your spot below!
Wednesday, April 22
Our annual Spring Homeschool Day is a wonderful way to start the warmer season with a day full of learning. Programs are designed to meet the curriculum needs and interests of your students. Morning Programs are from 9:30am – 12:30pm, some afternoon times will also be available and may vary based on demand. Program details can be found online.
Pre-registration is required. Book your spot below.
Saturday, April 25
What’s a llama’s favorite drink? “Llamanade.” What do llamas reply when you say thank you? “No probLlama.”
These humorous, camel-like creatures are so funny and unique. They bring joy and laughter to just about any situation. Imagine hiking with one of these wooly companions. At Llamapalooza, you’ll have a chance to escort llamas on one of three hikes along the Park’s half-mile Great Woodland Adventure loop trail.
1pm – 2pm – Second Hike
3pm – 4pm – Third Hike
During your excursion, you will learn more about the llamas and pose with them for fun photo ops. This event is exclusively for annual passholders only. If you are not an annual passholder and would like to become one, you can purchase an annual pass here.
Space is limited for this event and pre-registration is required. Please reserve your spot below.