Events Search and Views Navigation
Events List Navigation
Monday, September 23 - Friday, December 20
Capture photos of your friends and family members enjoying the vivid hues of fall and enter them into our photo contest. We’ll use the winning entries on our website and Facebook album, and you’ll win some fun prizes. Photos must be taken within the Chimney Rock section of the Park or at Old Rock Cafe.
GREAT PRIZES FOR THE WINNERS:
First Place – An overnight getaway to Hickory Nut Gorge with a stay at the historic 1927 Lake Lure Inn & Spa, two passes to Chimney Rock, brunch for two at the 1927 Lake Lure Inn & Spa, and two tickets for a tour with Lake Lure Boat Tours
Second Place – A Chimney Rock prize package including two passes to Chimney Rock, lunch for two at the Old Rock Café and two tickets for a tour with Lake Lure Boat Tours.
People’s Choice – Selected by our Facebook fans, the winning photo will be featured as the cover photo of our Facebook page for two weeks and the cover of our Pinterest board of winning photos. Prize includes two Park admission tickets, lunch for two at the Old Rock Café and a $20 gift certificate for Old Time Photo in Chimney Rock Village.
- There is no fee to enter the contest. All photographs must be taken inside Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park only in areas accessible to guests between September 23 – December 20, 2019.
The contest is open to amateur and professional photographers.
- Up to three photos per person can be submitted via any of the following ways to be eligible to win:
- Facebook: First, like the Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park page and share our photo contest post on your wall. Then post your photo to our wall with the photographer’s name and a brief caption (25-75 words) through your personal Facebook account. Next, send us a private message including your contact information specified in rule #3.
- Pinterest: First, re-pin our photo contest pin to one of your boards and follow our 2017 The Different Seasons of Chimney Rock Spring Photo Contest Board so we can easily contact you. Then pin your photo with the hashtags #chimneyrock AND #photocontest with your personal account, and include the photographer’s name and a brief caption (25-75 words).
- Twitter: First, follow Chimney Rock Park and retweet our tweet about the photo contest. Then tweet your photo to @ChimneyRockPark with the photographer’s name and the hashtag #photocontest. Next, send us private messages with your brief photo caption.
- E-mail: If you don’t have access to any social media sites listed above, you may email your digital photo with your contact information specified in rule #3 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Snail Mail: Send your print photo with the clearly marked photographer’s name, city & state, a brief typed photo caption and a phone number to: Photo Contest, Chimney Rock Management LLC, PO Box 39, Chimney Rock, NC 28720.
- Every entry should be clearly labeled with the photographer’s name, city & state, a brief photo caption your photo of the Seasons of Chimney Rock, an email address and the best phone number to reach you.
- Photos should be available at a minimum resolution of 1200 x 1600 pixels (1 MB minimum) to be eligible to win. Photos taken via smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices are welcome if they meet minimum requirements.
- For entries showing human faces, you must list their name(s) and have written permission from any photographed person(s) to use their image.
- Entries should reflect the photographer’s interpretation of a face of Chimney Rock. Emphasis will be placed on quality, composition and creativity. All entries may be used in promotions of Chimney Rock and park-related activities.
- Digital images can be optimized but not dramatically altered with photo editing software. Black and white photographs are welcome.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
Saturday, October 5
There’s nothing more magical than seeing a sunrise over Lake Lure and the Hickory Nut Gorge, so we’re opening the Park early for our Annual Passholders. Join former owner and manager, Todd Morse, who recently published “For the Love of Chimney Rock,” for a historical overview of the Park and indulge in a house-made breakfast prepared by the Old Rock Cafe as the sun rises. You’ll be treated to some amazing views, so be sure to bring your camera!
Afterward, guests are welcome to head out on the trails and enjoy early access to the Park before the gates open to the public.
If you would like to reserve your own personalized, autographed copy of “For the Love of Chimney Rock”, by Todd Morse. Please select the item below. Books will be signed and distributed by Todd Morse at the event.
Saturday, October 5 - Sunday, October 6
Chimney Rock’s scouting events are some of our most popular events of the year. Our Fall Girl Scout Day is designed to let scouts enjoy the last weeks of autumn in one of North Carolina’s most incredible settings. Special programs created just for Girl Scouts will leave your troop with new skills, knowledge and memories they’ll carry with them for a lifetime. Specific details on program and afternoon activities can be found on our website.
Afternoon opportunities available.
Call 828.625.9611, ext. 1810 to register. Registration closes September 29 and is limited to 150 scouts.
Saturday, October 12
Celebrate the very beginning of the Fall color season in Hickory Nut Gorge by seeing day turn to night from the top of the Rock. Your family will enjoy hands-on activities, nature stations, storytelling around the campfire, smores and more during this fundraiser for the Friends of Chimney Rock State Park. The Friends support the greater Chimney Rock State Park and its rangers by helping build and maintain trails and purchasing educational supplies for the State’s outreach programs. For more information on the Friend’s of Chimney Rock Park organization, go to their website.
Saturday, October 19
The trails of Chimney Rock are amazing, but a guided hike off-the-beaten-path can lead you to places you never knew existed! Join us for this fall venture on one of our most popular excursions. You’ll discover seasonal changes along your trek that will introduce you to a whole new perspective of the Park.
This hike is considered moderately-strenuous.
Advance registration required. Book your ticket below.