Events List Navigation
Tuesday, March 20 - Wednesday, June 20
It’s hard not to crack a smile while enjoying amazing views of Lake Lure and the Hickory Nut Gorge from on top of the Chimney. Capture photos of your family and friends enjoying the Park and enter them into our spring photo contest for a chance to win fabulous prizes. We’ll use the winning entries on our website and Facebook album, and you’ll win some fun prizes. Photos must be taken within the Chimney Rock section of the Park.
GREAT PRIZES FOR THE WINNERS:
First Place – An overnight getaway to Hickory Nut Gorge with a stay at the historic 1927 Lake Lure Inn & Spa, two passes to Chimney Rock, brunch for two at the 1927 Lake Lure Inn & Spa, and two tickets for a tour with Lake Lure Boat Tours
Second Place – A Chimney Rock prize package including two passes to Chimney Rock, lunch for two at the Old Rock Café and two tickets for a tour with Lake Lure Boat Tours.
People’s Choice – Selected by our Facebook fans, the winning photo will be featured as the cover photo of our Facebook page for two weeks and the cover of our Pinterest board of winning photos. Prize includes two Park admission tickets, lunch for two at the Old Rock Café and a $20 gift certificate for Old Time Photo in Chimney Rock Village.
- There is no fee to enter the contest. All photographs must be taken inside Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park only in areas accessible to guests between March 20, 2018- June 20, 2018. The contest is open to amateur and professional photographers.
- Up to three photos per person can be submitted via any of the following ways to be eligible to win:
- Facebook: First, like the Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park page and share our photo contest post on your wall. Then post your photo to our wall with the photographer’s name and a brief caption (25-75 words) through your personal Facebook account. Next, send us a private message including your contact information specified in rule #3.
- Pinterest: First, re-pin our photo contest pin to one of your boards and follow our 2017 The Different Seasons of Chimney Rock Spring Photo Contest Board so we can easily contact you. Then pin your photo with the hashtags #chimneyrock AND #photocontest with your personal account, and include the photographer’s name and a brief caption (25-75 words).
- Twitter: First, follow Chimney Rock Park and retweet our tweet about the photo contest. Then tweet your photo to @ChimneyRockPark with the photographer’s name and the hashtag #photocontest. Next, send us private messages with your brief photo caption.
- E-mail: If you don’t have access to any social media sites listed above, you may email your digital photo with your contact information specified in rule #3 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Snail Mail: Send your print photo with the clearly marked photographer’s name, city & state, a brief typed photo caption and a phone number to: Photo Contest, Chimney Rock Management LLC, PO Box 39, Chimney Rock, NC 28720.
- Every entry should be clearly labeled with the photographer’s name, city & state, a brief photo caption your photo of the Seasons of Chimney Rock, an email address and the best phone number to reach you.
- Photos should be available at a minimum resolution of 1200 x 1600 pixels (1 MB minimum) to be eligible to win. Photos taken via smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices are welcome if they meet minimum requirements.
- For entries showing human faces, you must list their name(s) and have written permission from any photographed person(s) to use their image.
- Entries should reflect the photographer’s interpretation of a face of Chimney Rock. Emphasis will be placed on quality, composition and creativity. All entries may be used in promotions of Chimney Rock and park-related activities.
- Digital images can be optimized but not dramatically altered with photo editing software. Black and white photographs are welcome.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
Saturday, May 5
Spring is for the birds! Dozens of species migrate through our area every spring as they head north. Join us to find how many different species you can see and hear that are making their way home. Don’t forget your binoculars. A Park bird list can be found here. This hike is considered easy- to- moderate.
Advance registration is required. Please use the link below to purchase your tickets. Cost includes Park admission for the day.
Saturday, May 5 - Sunday, May 6
Scouts have explored and investigated Chimney Rock for decades. Our annual Spring Boy Scout Day is one of the best ways to see all that the Park has to offer. Enjoy morning programs, optional afternoon activities and the rare opportunity to spend the night beneath the stars with other scouts. Visit our website for detailed program information. Call 828.625.9611 to register. Registration closes April 28 and is limited to 200 scouts.
Saturday, May 12 - Sunday, May 13
Moms will do anything for their children. Why not return the love by treating your mom to a beautiful day at Chimney Rock to enjoy a wonderful hike with stunning views?
Coupon required; see below (can be shown in print or on your mobile device) at the Ticket Plaza at time of purchase. Valid May 12-13, 2018 only.
Make plans to stay after your visit to the Park and enjoy dinner and the Symphony of Rutherford County at the Gathering Place in Chimney Rock Village Saturday evening beginning at 6pm. This special concert is the grand finale of the community’s annual SpringGo event.
Saturday, May 19 - Sunday, May 20
Troops of all ages will enjoy our annual Spring Girl Scout Day. Your scouts will love the hands-on morning programs, adventurous afternoon activities and the incredible opportunity to camp overnight in the Park. More information on programs and activities can be found on our website. Call 828.625.9611 to register. Registration closes May 12 and is limited to 200 scouts.
Saturday, May 26 - Monday, May 28
Memorial Day is often thought of as the kickoff to summer fun, and Chimney Rock has all the activities to make that happen. Saturday through Monday your family can enjoy exploring the Park’s trails, reaching new heights on our 32-foot climbing tower and visiting with our Animal Educators in the Animal Discovery Den.