- This event has passed.
Spring “Blooms & Blossoms” Photo Contest
Wildflowers blooming are an indication that spring and warmer weather are right around the corner. This is the perfect opportunity to capture some beautiful images of spring blooms around your home and enter them into our “Blooms & Blossoms” Photo Contest. We’ll use the winning entries on our website and Facebook album, and you’ll win some fun prizes. Photos for our contests are usually required to be taken within the Chimney Rock section of the Park, however, given the current circumstances of COVID-19, we are now changing this rule to allow photos to be taken from your backyard or around your home.
GREAT PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED TO 3 WINNING ENTRIES
- There is no fee to enter the contest. All photographs must be taken by the participant around their home between April 1, 2020 – April 30, 2020.
The contest is open to amateur and professional photographers. Up to three photos per person can be submitted via any of the following ways to be eligible to win:
- Facebook: First, like the Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park page and share our photo contest post on your wall. Then send us a private message with your photo, name, contact info and a brief caption (25-75 words) about your photo.
- E-mail: If you don’t have access to any social media sites listed above, you may email your digital photo with your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Snail Mail: Send your print photo with the clearly marked photographer’s name, city & state, a brief typed photo caption and a phone number to: Photo Contest, Chimney Rock Management LLC, PO Box 39, Chimney Rock, NC 28720.
- Every entry should be clearly labeled with the photographer’s name, city & state, a brief photo caption your photo of the Seasons of Chimney Rock, an email address and the best phone number to reach you.
- Photos should be available at a minimum resolution of 1200 x 1600 pixels (1 MB minimum) to be eligible to win. Photos taken via smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices are welcome if they meet minimum requirements.
- For entries showing human faces, you must list their name(s) and have written permission from any photographed person(s) to use their image.
- Entries should reflect the photographer’s interpretation of the theme of the contest: “Blooms & Blossoms”. Emphasis will be placed on quality, composition and creativity. All entries may be used in promotions of Chimney Rock and park-related activities.
- Digital images can be optimized but not dramatically altered with photo editing software. Black and white photographs are welcome.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
Winners will be notified and announced on Chimney Rock’s social media channels. For more information, call 828-625-9611 or email us at email@example.com.