- This event has passed.
10th Annual Flock to the Rock
Join us to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of one of Western North Carolina’s most popular Annual events, Flock to the Rock. Originally created to help folks understand why Hickory Nut Gorge is such a premier birding location, this event has grown in size and popularity every year. You don’t have to be an avid birder to find something of interest at this event, but it may just be the reason you become one. Guided bird walks, raptor flight shows, live bird demos and workshops are a few of the ways you’ll discover that Chimney Rock isn’t just for the birds!
• Education Stations begin (until 3pm)
• Hawk Watch on the Chimney (until 12pm)
• Wings to S.O.A.R flight show at the Indoor Classroom
• Hawk & Owl demonstration on the deck (Until 12pm)
• Wings to S.O.A.R flight show at the Indoor Classroom(Until 1pm)
• Family Bird Walk on Hickory Nut Falls Trail (Until 1pm)
• Hawk and Owl demonstration on the deck (Until 1:30pm)
• Wings to S.O.A.R flight show at the Indoor Classroom(Until 2:30pm)
• Meet and Greet with Osceola the Eagle on the deck