Looking for pet-friendly hiking trails for your four-legged family members? Well, you’re in the right place. Chimney Rock welcomes leashed pets in all the Park's outdoor areas. However, pets are not allowed on the elevator since it opens into a food service area (NC state health law). Service animals are excepted.
Our pet-friendly hiking trails include:
- Great Woodland Adventure Fun for pets and the kids (kids-at-heart, too)! With 13 interactive Discovery Stations along the way, you’ll learn about some of the animals that call Chimney Rock home.
- Four Seasons trail This trail will give your pet some great exercise with a vertical climb of more than 400 feet in just over a half mile.
- Hickory Nut Falls trail Your pet’s reward at the end of the 3/4-mile trail is the cool mists of 404-foot-tall Hickory Nut Falls, the second highest waterfall of its kind east of the Mississippi. NOTICE: The Hickory Nut Falls trail is currently closed for repairs due to a rockslide that caused significant damage last winter. The plan is to reopen the waterfall trail, but due to unknown factors, no timeline is currently established. Reduced admission rates are in effect. Read more about the trail closure.
- Skyline trail Climbing 200 feet in elevation up to the Park’s highest peak, Exclamation Point at 2,480 feet, the Skyline trail and its jaw-dropping views just might make you and your furry friend howl with delight.
- Outcroppings Your alternate route to the elevator and the only route for your furry friends, the Outcroppings trail climbs 26 stories up to the Chimney's boardwalk level (about a 25-minute hike for the average physically fit adult). Here you and your pet can drool over the 75-mile panoramic views overlooking Lake Lure.
Our Old Rock Café restaurant has a pet-friendly area as well. Enjoy a yummy meal on the back deck overlooking the Rocky Broad River and Chimney Rock Mountain. Check out pet-friendly accommodations close to Chimney Rock.
If you want to stay in the loop on all the fun and special events at Chimney Rock, sign up for our eNewsletter.